Thursday, April 10, 2008

Woah look out! I haven't been here in like fifty years because I have been so busy not working! A bitter irony, I know. At least, I think that's irony. Whatever.
...
Look, pictures!


I think I called this one "Steroids made me a barbarian." Which is funny, because he doesn't really strike me as a barbarian, more like some kind of ranger/gladiator type with the prince's magical jewel encrusted sword strapped upon is broad ranger/gladiator type shoulders.
I sketched him out in painter ('cause I love their pencil tool. :p) and then moved into photoshop for inking and colouring and so on and so forth.
I think it turned out okay enough, I just wish I wasn't completely rubbish when it came to backgrounds. I suppose I'll have to work on that.





If I recall I entitled this piece "Pirate guy2" because Pirate guy1 had a different background. I drew this on some tiny pad I was handed when I started work at Blue Rocket. This was actually one of my favorite drawings I did at Blue Rocket and I was shocked when I found out I totally forgot to scan and post it before hand.
So yeah, then I gave it an outline and played with shading in photoshop. It turned out pretty nice for something that was originally drawn to kill time while I waited for commands to load and Flash to uncrash.

Which reminds me! I made a new banner for the Blog in Flash after people commented on how unprofessional the old one looked. I like it. It looks nice, I think.
Flash only crashed one time, too!
The main reason it's taken me so long to produce anything for the blog is because I have been very busy working on a new project which is, you know, a comic. I hope to get it off the ground soon. There are a couple of technical issues though, since I want to host the thing myself. The last comic I worked on for like, four years or something, and I didn't see a cent from the adds that my host plastered on my site. It would be so nice to generate some form of revenue off of all the work I put into these kind of things, even if it doesn't pay for the initial hosting costs.
Yyyeeeeaaannnyway, I'll post some initial sketches of the characters and give a little more background as I go. Just for something to do. :D

No comments: